Graz University of Technology is the longest-established university of technology in Austria. Here, successful teams of students, talented up-and-coming scientists, ambitious researchers and a lively start-up scene enjoy an inspirational environment as well as access to top-quality equipment. And all this in one of the most innovative and livable regions in Europe. TU Graz offers an inspiring working environment with outstanding infrastructure and service-oriented university management.
The Institute of Applied Mechanics at TU Graz has an opening for a
Doctoral Researcher / PhD Position (m/f/d) in the area of Advanced Isogeometric Framework for the Analysis of Electric Drives
40 hours/week, for 4 years, starting as soon as possible
We are looking for motivated and dedicated candidates interested in modeling and/or numerical simulation of challenging engineering problems. We are a motivated team with the ambition to conduct innovative interdisciplinary research. This particular project C03 of the CRC focuses on the development of an advanced isogeometric framework for the analysis of electric drives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The doctoral candidate will be part of the Collaborative Research Centre (CRC) Computational Electric Machine Laboratory. This first German-Austrian Transregio CRC, research groups from TU Darmstadt, JKU Linz, and TU Graz, want to achieve a paradigm shift in the design and development of electrical machines.
The candidate's contribution shall lead to a doctorate and focus on the following topics:
- Adressing generic obstacles of the integration of design and simulation
- Discretisation for simulation and optimisation with accurate and CAD-compatible spline models
- Developing a flexible geometry handling includingtopological changes
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Completed master‘s degree in the field of engineering, ceomputer science, software development, applied mathematics, or similar
- Very good knowledge of numerical methods and computer-aided geometric design
- Good programming skills (e.g., C++ or Matlab)
- Excellent English language skills
- Interesting area of responsibility
- flexible working schedule
- University’s sports program
- Exciting opportunities for professional and personal development
- Top research infrastructure and access to the latest technologies
- Public transport subsidy
- Workplace Health Management
- Award for being the most family-friendly enterprise in Styria 2018
- Shopping Discounts
We offer a minimum annual gross salary based on full-time of € 42,820.40, overpayment possible depending on qualification and experience.
Graz University of Technology actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. People with disabilities and who have the relevant qualifications are expressly invited to apply.
Protecting the health of our students and employees is of high importance to our university. For this reason, equally qualified candidates who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be given preference.
Please send your application documents, CV and a motivation letter (half a page) via email to:Institute of Applied Mechanics, Graz University of Technology, Technikerstraße 4/II, 8010 Graz, Austria, Ass.Prof. Dr. Benjamin Marussig firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening begins at April 25th, 2022
More information: https://www.tugraz.at/go/crc-marussig
Information on data protection regulations can be found under following link: www.tugraz.at/go/datenschutzinformation-pa